Why No Plastic?
Well Earth Distribution is dedicated to wholesale distribution of products that are free of plastic in order to help keep our Earth well. Our goal is to partner with you and bring change to an issue that has become a worldwide epidemic, while simultaneously becoming better stewards of this beautiful planet we have been given.
Every year, Americans use millions of tons of plastic just once, before throwing it away – and much of it ends up in our oceans. Together, we can change this habit and find better solutions to reduce our reliance on plastic.
What you should know about plastic pollution
- The equivalent of a garbage truck full of plastic is dumped into the ocean every minute.
- Nearly all plastic ever produced still exists.
- Nearly all ocean pollution comes from land.
- By 2050 it is projected that there will be more plastic than fish in the ocean (by weight).
- One in four fish tested contain plastic. This plastic is entering the food chain and ends up on our plates.
- Tens of thousands of marine animals are killed every year from plastic bag litter when they mistake plastic bags for food such as jellyfish.
- Plastic is linked to cancers, impaired immunity, endocrine disruption and other ailments.
- Exposure to plastic can impact fertility, pregnancy, and can affect the fetus by interfering with testosterone, disrupting normal sexual development. This disruption is not often apparent until adulthood and includes the increased risk of cancer.
Interested in learning more? Read more here about how plastic affects us.